“A Sister of Sion should have a heart, bigger than the world and have respect for all cultures, nationalities and beliefs!” Our founder Fr. Theodore Ratisbonne says: “Reconciliation happens when people get to know each other and appreciate each other”
- Do you desire to give witness to the faithful love of God?
- Do you hear a call to become a woman rooted in Scripture and prayer?
- Are you looking forward to building bridges between people of different religions and cultures?
- Are you ready to work with people who live on the edges of society?
Biblical reflections on Call and Response
There are several ‘’Vocation” stories in the Bible.
These are stories of ordinary people who become extraordinary because they heard the voice of God and responded to it.
In their response to God’s call they were able to go beyond their fears and hesitations and do amazing things for God and God’s people.
• Find a quiet place where you are away from distractions. A candle can sometimes be a focus.
• Invite the Lord to speak to you during this time of prayer, and ask that you may listen and hear what God has to say.
• Have some time of stillness and silence to reflect on the reading. If a phrase or a sentence has caught you attention, stay with it.
• Read the text again, and then read the suggested reflection. Spend some time reflecting on any of the questions that you find helpful.
• It is sometimes useful to write down your reflections in your prayer journal.
• It is sometimes valuable to share your reflections with a friend, prayer partner, spiritual guide, or a Sister of Sion.